Collection: Outcome 2

CIP, collection brief

Final cover proved not to be my final cover. Realising it looked too camera film-y I did some sketches of alternative ideas and ended up with using the sketch where I drew the pattern I had and made it into vector art that I then coloured in red and laid type over it.

cover sketch.jpg

Sketches for cover, by Lisa

This is the result and I finally like it 100 percent:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.01.49 PM.png

Collection: Outcome 1

CIP, collection brief

My cover is finally finalised although the way there was long. Jumping from the red outcome to yellow papercraft I did when experimenting with one of my projects, I still wasn’t happy with the look and started instead to play around with type on the photocopier. The type didn’t turn out interesting at all but the strange marks that appeared at the edge of the paper looked good so I created a design with them instead.

Cover development 1, 2, and 3, by Lisa

Copying and rotating the image I created a sort of pattern that looks like arrows and kind of like a fast forward button. And that felt like it fit the book finally and it also felt like me  with the triangles, movement and a bit artsy so I’m happy with this.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 1.21.31 PM

Collection final cover, by Lisa

Map of me: Research 1

Dialogue Studio, Map of me

I have struggled long and hard in figuring out what I want to do for my app that need to be a form of map. I have been stuck the longest time of the functions of the app, what I want the app to do, how you navigate etc. I try to work it all out in my head before I come to a definite decision but not knowing my outcome has come in the way of knowing anything at all in terms of what I want.

A couple of weeks ago I sat down trying to map what a map is and see if I through that could get some inspiration. I couldn’t. Today, I sat down again and tried the approach of instead deciding what mediums I want to work with, my topic, my colours- and could finally come to some decisions!