Collection: Outcome 1

CIP, collection brief

My cover is finally finalised although the way there was long. Jumping from the red outcome to yellow papercraft I did when experimenting with one of my projects, I still wasn’t happy with the look and started instead to play around with type on the photocopier. The type didn’t turn out interesting at all but the strange marks that appeared at the edge of the paper looked good so I created a design with them instead.

Cover development 1, 2, and 3, by Lisa

Copying and rotating the image I created a sort of pattern that looks like arrows and kind of like a fast forward button. And that felt like it fit the book finally and it also felt like me ¬†with the triangles, movement and a bit artsy so I’m happy with this.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 1.21.31 PM

Collection final cover, by Lisa

Google Engage: Development 6

Dialogue Studio, google engage

It’s time to do my explainer video for this project. A video summarising everything from research, development and finally outcome- kind of like a pitch, the information can’t be too heavy and the message needs to come through quickly. After doing some research on¬†explainer videos and different styles before I start my own I have come to the conclusion that I want to mix digital with handmade as that is exactly what I have done as my DOOH mockup so it fits. At first I thought about stop motion but as I want my white background to be stark white, that’s not a good idea (it’s crazy difficult to achieve) so that’s where the digital comes in and the wonders of AE. But to not lose the handmade bit I have decided to make small figures out of paper as my actors for the video so I get that stop motion vibe with out actually doing it as a stop motion.

Hopefully it will merge well with my mockup because I am having that in the video as well and have to think of how I can balance this so it doesn’t look bad.