Summer Show: Further Development 3

Design competition, Summer show exhibition

Our first idea for the catalogue for the summer show was to make it into a zine thing from the poster so I made a more proper mockup of this using the actual poster. Did not like this thing at all to be honest as it looked too boring and I didn’t like folding the poster up because it felt like it ruined it a bit.

Advertisements

Work Placement: Development 2

Design competition, Work Placement

Okay so first hand rendered type thing didn’t work like I wanted it to. So I tried another variant. Using bigger tools. So I drew some more type with a biggie 50 pen and also with ink and a bigger brush. As I learned during one of the HotHouse workshops last summer show, ink looks great Riso printed so I thought I should try that out now as well. Again, using Avenir as a base, I made these letters:

Hand rendered type, Lisa 2018

Movements: Development 4

Dialogue Studio, Movements

Designing the layout for the final outcome took way longer than what I thought it would hah! I just couldn’t make up my mind because every time I printed it I found things I didn’t like about it. It is so different to see a thing on screen versus when it’s printed and you actually hold it in your hands, it changes its appearance so much. Anyways- I started out using the colours silver and gold a lot but pretty quickly realised it wouldn’t look good printed and scratched that idea. Then I moved on to adding red as I thought that would be good representation of the monotone in the movement. I kept the red in there for a long time but altered other things about the layout so it wouldn’t look too boxy and kept some images overlapping the folds so it flowed better and represented the movement more. Here are all my tries!

Fil 007

First try, gold and silver and red