After getting feedback on the route to take with my leather project, I have decided to follow the path of bathtubs as it feels like the most relatable one and can be quite interesting visually because of the absurdity of it. The ideas I have for them so far are a bit scattered:
- Displaying taking one bath a day for 40 years through 14 600 bathtubs (365 days x 40 years). These can be shown on screens running alongside a wall.
- Or on the floor running down a street.
- Or displayed on a sky screen you look up at.
- Or one might divide the number of bathtubs with the number of tube stations in London (270) which equals 54 bathtubs that you place at each station. The information to go with it could be something along the lines of: These bathtubs are 54 out of 14 600 placed at 270 stations in London representing the amount of water it takes to produce a pair of leather shoes.
- Or making it into an art installation similar to the one in the gallery below with clouds on screens. By placing big screens like this in an open place filling them with images of 14 600 bathtubs and having maybe one screen explaining the leather connection.