Last project of creative industry practice is making a kickstarter campaign for the group brand we developed before christmas. So Neat stationery is coming to life again and we need to think about how to promote the brand to it’s fullest to make people interested in our products and wanting to buy them. Starting out researching, I looked at other stationery brands that are live on kickstarter at the moment and realised that the most important part of a campaign is the video. When I scrolled through different brands, I completely ignored the ones that didn’t have a video because it felt like they didn’t make enough effort.
Watching different videos I made a list of what I think are important things to think about if you want your video to be successful:
- Don’t make the video too long (I lost interest pretty quick watching some of them so that’s definitely something to think about)
- Keep it snappy (if the video starts with someone not looking too energetic and just talks and talks, I stop watching)
- Interaction with the product is nice so you get a sense of scale
- Fast pace is preferable to too slow
- Videos with good light and sound feels more professional, so think about that
I especially liked this video as it is a bit fun and ticks all the boxes that it needs to tick. Plus, the images for the campaign are art directed to feel colourful and fun which is a good touch as the notebook in question is grey.