Collection: Outcome 2

CIP, collection brief

Final cover proved not to be my final cover. Realising it looked too camera film-y I did some sketches of alternative ideas and ended up with using the sketch where I drew the pattern I had and made it into vector art that I then coloured in red and laid type over it.

cover sketch.jpg

Sketches for cover, by Lisa

This is the result and I finally like it 100 percent:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.01.49 PM.png

I also decided that the back backgrounds for my chapter dividers no longer worked or fit the playfulness of the cover, so I changed them to yellow and it instantly looked better. The hand painted type I had also hd to go and instead I used the same style as I have for the cover to present the different modules.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.02.06 PM

Collection, by Lisa

Now it looks like this! Sending it to print turned out to be super complicated as my measurements didn’t match blurb’s but after eighteen tries I figured it out and now it’s done!

Advertisements

One thought on “Collection: Outcome 2

  1. There’s no doubt your blog quantities for assessment are well in excess of the required amount but I’d definitely put in a reflection of the blurb difficulties and subsequent solution to the problem. Overall a very interesting and content heavy series of reflections relating to this project which show a huge amount testing and quick but well thought out rendering of ideas. Well done

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s