Final cover proved not to be my final cover. Realising it looked too camera film-y I did some sketches of alternative ideas and ended up with using the sketch where I drew the pattern I had and made it into vector art that I then coloured in red and laid type over it.
Sketches for cover, by Lisa
This is the result and I finally like it 100 percent:
I also decided that the back backgrounds for my chapter dividers no longer worked or fit the playfulness of the cover, so I changed them to yellow and it instantly looked better. The hand painted type I had also hd to go and instead I used the same style as I have for the cover to present the different modules.
Collection, by Lisa
Now it looks like this! Sending it to print turned out to be super complicated as my measurements didn’t match blurb’s but after eighteen tries I figured it out and now it’s done!