Now that I finally feel like I like my app idea to the point where I’m actually inspired, working on my screens went really quick. After one intense and productive day I now have an app concept and a prototype to show. Thinking about how to make my application interactive, I decided that I want the user to be able to do what I have done as well- create poems about their experience of London and make them into posters that you then can print. Making your poems into visuals. It works by you choosing the letter that you want for your poster, then you pick the colour and lastly you write your poem on it, add to gallery and print!
In terms of the design, I used the same 4 colours I had in my first prototype (blue, yellow, red, pink) for navigation as I think these also work for this idea. The font for the text is Avenir Next Medium and the letters I have manipulated are set in Big Caslon. I found out that I like the outcome of the manipulated type better when it’s set in serifs but as I am overall a very sans serif person and I needed a type that wasn’t so ornate for the rest of the text in the app to fit with the kind of strict and geometric design, I went with Avenir Next as it a bit rounded so it matches the curvyness I have going on with the posters.
Summary of app, work by Lisa
The menu is made up of coloured bars at the top of the screen that stay there wherever you go so it’s easy to navigate between the different screens at all times. Another bar underneath it shows where you are at the moment. My map is an alphabet where you can click on a letter and it takes you to a poster with a poem that starts on that letter and under “create” the user can do the same thing. Under “print” the user will see his own gallery of posters that he can then send to print and hang on the wall.